The Vest Team
Will Vest was raised in the Deltaville area, from the cradle to adulthood. Growing up around the Deltaville area and boats has afforded him with an extensive knowledge of the area rivers and creeks. Will recently retired from Newport News Fire Department where he was on the Marine Instant Response Team and currently dedicates all his efforts to real estate. He has a Captain's license through the USCG. Will has an out going personality and excellent communication skills which make it easy for him to develop a good rapport with customers and Clients.
Bonnie Vest has enjoyed the Middle Peninsula and its estuaries for the last thirty seven years. Bonnie has been committed to the Sales industry throughout most of her career. She was a Manager and Yacht Broker selling luxury boats from 1989 to 2002. In February, 2002 Bonnie earned her Virginia Real Estate license, at which time she teamed up with her husband, Will, in the family real estate business at C.D. Vest & Company. Bonnie has completed the Accredited Buyers Representative course and has been consistantly recognized as a top agent by Long & Foster Realtors as well as the Chesapeake Bay and Rivers Association of Realtors and the Northern Neck Association of Realtors. Bonnie enjoys assisting her Clients with the American Dream, whether Buying or Selling.
Additionally, our Homeownership Team consists of:
For all your Homeownership needs, we thank you for placing your trust in the VEST Team!
"Go with Long & Foster's BEST, ask for Will or Bonnie VEST!"
Bonnie Vest, Realtor
|Long & Foster Realtors
17457 General Puller Highway
Deltaville, VA 23043
Bonnie's Mobile: 804-339-5282
Will's Mobile: 804-370-0265
Will Vest, Realtor
Cell Phone: 804-370-0265
Hello and thank you for visiting! It is our goal as your real estate professionals specializing in the Northern Neck, Middlesex / Deltaville, and Middle Peninsula areas, to provide you with superior service at all times. Our local expertise and extensive real estate experience will benefit you whether you are serious about buying or selling a home at this time, or are a returning client checking out the many homeowner resources we offer. Check out Bonnie's Blog for current market news and discussion http://bonnievest.featuredblog.com/
Buying a home? We look forward to helping you select the home of your dreams by taking time to listen to your needs and desires. Will and Bonnie Vest have both completed the Accredited Buyer's Representation course offered through the Virginia Association of Realtors. If you are interested in buyer's representation, please give us a call.
For Sellers! The Long & Foster name and reputation is superior to all others. Our real estate expertise and many effective marketing programs will give you the exposure and edge you need to sell your home quickly for top dollar.
Returning Client? We appreciate the opportunity to continue to serve you and hope you take advantage of the valuable resources we provide. Come back to visit often!
We consider this community an excellent place to reside and would love to share with you our enthusiasm for the many neighborhoods that encompass it. we pride ourselves on providing unparalleled service and look forward to developing a long-term relationship with you. Please feel free to contact us if you would like to discuss how we can best assist you with your real estate needs.
Will and Bonnie Vest
WELCOME TO THE RIVAH!
Welcome to your professional source for Virginia waterfront real estate services covering the Middle Peninsula and Northern Neck areas of the lower Chesapeake Bay, VA: Deltaville, Mathews, Urbanna , Lancaster, Middlesex, Kilmarnock, Gloucester, and surrounding areas. On the western shorelines of the Chesapeake Bay, the Northern Neck is between the Potomac River and the Rappahannock River while the Middle Peninsula is between the Rapphannock River and the York River. Our real estate market is predominantly a second home, waterfront or vacation property convenient to Williamsburg, Jamestown, Yorktown, Richmond, Northern Virginia, Norfolk and Virginia Beach.
Real estate is one of the most exciting investments one can make, and it should be a fun and rewarding experience. Will Vest and Bonnie Vest work together as a husband and wife team with local knowledge of the waterways and understand water depth concerns. Whether looking for a sand beach or a home with deep water you can get your boat up to, the Vest Team is your Deltaville and Northern Neck of Virginia waterfront Realtor. As Virginia licensed Realtor's, we are members of the Virginia Association of Realtor's as well as the National Association of Realtor's, Chesapeake Bay and Rivers Association of Realtors, and Northern Neck Association of Realtor's. Specializing in waterfront properties and homes for sale through Long & Foster Realtors, you have the benefit of two professional Realtor's working with you as a Buyer or Seller helping you make the most of your investment. Here you'll find everything you'll need to buy or sell a home, as well as learn about the market value of homes you may own in the area. It is our goal to provide you with superior service at all times, so please tell us more about yourself and the type of property you may be interested in buying or selling!
Thank you for visiting our site, please visit often as our real estate market changes frequently. For local information, please visit Bonnie's Blog and feel free to make comments. Become a fan of our Facebook page at: http://www.facebook.com/DeltavilleRealEstate and Twitter @Deltaville We can be reached by cell phone anytime: Bonnie Vest 804-339-5282 or Will Vest 804-370-0265. We look forward to seeing you at the Rivah.
"Buy a Piece of the Shore, it's a good inVESTment!"
Deltaville, Virginia real estate—use DeltavilleRealEstate.com to find real estate in Deltaville , the Nrthern Neck as well as real estate in other cities in VA on the Chesapeake Bay or River. The Vest Team website provides comprehensive real estate guides with up-to-date information about housing prices, latest Deltaville real estate trends, market activity, and neighborhood information. Before buying a house in Deltaville or the Northern Neck, VA contact Bonnie Vest or Will Vest to research real estate investments. Understanding the Deltaville real estate market is your first step to buying a home in Deltaville, Virginia and the Chesapeake Bay waterfront. Our real estate expertise will give you a valuable overview of the Deltaville real estate market—find Deltaville properties, sales statistics, real estate price trends, real estate market activity, comparisons of Deltaville schools or Virginia schools, and general demographic information for Deltaville, VA. Our Deltaville Real Estate website combines a Deltaville map with a detailed list of Deltaville neighborhoods, 23043 ZIP codes, and nearby cities to help kick-start your search for a home in Deltaville or the Northern Neck and Chesapeake Bay. Formerly Vest Realty and C D VEST & Company in Deltaville for 30 years prior to merging with Long & Foster Realtor's in Deltaville. Virginia waterfront is our specialty.
There are many things I can say about the high quality of service I provide to my home seller and home buyer clients, but probably none would be as credible as testimonials from some of my recent clients themselves. So please take a moment to read the following testimonials. I hope they indicate my experience and integrity, as well as make it clear how much I enjoy helping people with their real estate needs. I would be happy to email you additional testimonials if you are interested.
- “Bonnie Vest, our girl Friday! Regardless of what our real estate needs have been, Bonnie Vest has solely performed as the perfect consummate individual to satisfy all of our reall estate needs. Whether in the market for a new property or selling, no one knows the real estate market like Bonnie Vest!. As a career professional, she is equally prepared to orchestrate negotiation towards transactions on a Regional level as well as properties local to the Middle Peninsula and Northern Neck. Throughout every real estate experience, Bonnie Vest has always helped us achieve our financial goals. Working with Bonnie Vest has been a positive experience for us on four seperate real estate transactions. We trust Bonnie Vest with all of our real estate needs! Bonnie Vest rocks!" - T Gillie
"Bonnie went over and above to find my home. I chose Long & Foster because I know Bonnie is a knowledgeable salesperson. Bonnie found me a home in Feb 2008 and in record time. I was faced with having to move quickly and Bonnie found me a house in 14 days and we closed in 25 days from the time I contacted her. She worked with me on my schedule so I could see houses before and after work. Bonnie takes the time to get to know her clients so she can understand their needs and find them a home. Bonnie Vest is the Best." -A. Earman
- "We are writing to express our complete satisfaction with Bonnie Vest as our realtor. She did an excellent job in all phases of our recent purchase of a home in Deltaville. She took a real interest in finding just the right property for our family. We greatly appreciated her knowledge of the changing market and advice in putting our offer together. Bonnie did a great job coordinating all the inspections to ensure that we closed the purchase on time. We would highly recommend her to anyone looking for an experienced, professional realtor. Bonnie did a great job understanding my family's real estate needs. She is also an expert in her market and brings a great perspective on the long-term property trends. I highly recommend her and look forward to working with her again in the future." -Mark and Joanna Wensell
- "As a real estate attorney who has worked with Bonnie on numerous transactions, I have come to know her as true advocate for her clients. She brings to each unique transaction a degree of knowledge, diligence, and creativity that makes her stand out among her peers in the industry." Kendall Clark
- “Bonnie is very professional and does an excellent job in representing her clients. Additionally, she is very involved in community affairs helping to develop a positive atmosphere for all whether they have lived in Deltaville for their entire lives or own a vacation home here. As a board member of our condominium association, I have found Bonnie to be very cooperative and easy to work within the sales process.” Tom Scanniello, Sturgeon Creek Homeowners Association
- "Bonnie, thank you for the great service you rendered in helping us to sell our home. We had our home listed with 2 other real estate firms prior to listing with you. You brought more people to see our home than either one of the realtors prior to listing with you. Your advertisements on the internet subsequently brought our Buyer. You are always so pleasant to talk with, always professional, and graceful under fire in the busy seasons of life. Your calm manner is very reassuring during the process between negotiating a contract and closing the sale. Anyone would be blessed to have you as their listing agent and Realtor." - K. Hutten
- "Bonnie, Thanks for working so hard to sell our home." -T Noffsinger
- "We called Bonnie Vest to see if she could show us one of her listings. She came right over, we loved the home and signed a contract that night. Bonnie went out of her way to make sure everything went smoothly. Bonnie and Will made us feel welcome in the community." -D Moran
"We were very pleased with Bonnie's services relative to our recent purchase in Deltaville. Bonnie was sensitive to our price range and expectations for a second home near the water and showed us a full range of options including building sites to lots with existing homes. Bonnie had good local contacts (home inspectors, lending institutions, etc.). Bonnie was a great advocate for the Sellers as their listing agent, but was equally professional in incorporating our position into the transaction and a good 'go between' on any of the issues that arose. Bonnie was friendly, not pushy, and professional at all times. Bonnie consistently kept us informed throughout the transaction. We both felt Bonnie was personally excited about being able to match us up with the perfect house for our needs on the Bay (and it is). - J Reid
|Chesapeake Bay Weather|
|Chesapeake Bay Interpretive Buoy System - NOAA's Smart Buoys provide real-time weather and water observations and interpret locations along the Captain John Smith Chesapeake National Historic Trail.|
|School Information - free school profiles|
|State dept. of education - school reports, statistics, demographics....|
|Prosperity Mortgage information, interest rates, mortgage calculators, quick-and-easy pre-qualification forms, and much more. Put some prosperity in your life.|
|Deltaville Community Association - All about Deltaville|
|Gloucester, VA - Gloucester County Area Information|
|Lancaster County Virginia Chamber of Commerce - research local area info, stats, and events|
|Middlesex County - Area Infomation|
Sturgeon Creek Channel Maintenance - Bringing Sturgeon Creek Homeowners together for the dredging and maintenance of Sturgeon Creek
Lower Middlesex Volunteer Fire Department, Deltaville VA
|Local Weather - forecasts, weather patterns, radars....|
|Mapquest - maps, driving directions, road trip planner....|
|Deltaville Real Estate - I can show you these or any other property listed for sale Deltaville, Gloucester, Mathews, the Northern Neck and surrounding Counties. Call Bonnie Vest for more information 804-339-5282|
|Ted's Sheds - Local Storage Facility in Deltaville|
|National Weather - find weather info anywhere in the US|
|Official City Websites - find area info websites across the world!|
|US State Departments of Education - see the list of all 50 states|
|USPS' Movers Guide - help for planning and executing your move|
|First-time homeowners -|
|Homeowner deductions information -|
|How to report moving expenses -|
|Selling your home -|
The County of Middlesex is part of the Middle Peninsula and is located approximately sixty miles east of Virginia's capitol, Richmond. Forming a true peninsula, it's eastern border fronts the Chesapeake Bay, it's northern border fronts the Rappahannock River, it's southern border fronts the Piankatank River and Dragon Run, and the western border is Essex County. Within a 123 square mile boundary are many creeks, coves, and bays.
Rural in nature, Middlesex was reported to have a population of 9,932 in the 2000 census. This represents the approximate growth of permanent residents of 14.8% since the 1990 census. This growth is attributed to improved highway systems, a regional increase in the retirement community, and the growing economy of nearby metropolitan areas. Most of the growth has taken place in the eastern portion of the county, from Saluda, the County seat, to Deltaville at the Bay.
Middlesex is popular for both retirement and summer recreation. During summer months the population swells dramatically with seasonal residents. The combination of absentee ownership of real property, a strong personal property base from recreational vehicles and yachts, and the retirement community requiring few services, all help to keep county real estate property taxes at a low $0.43 per $100.00 of assessed value.
The county is serviced by two area hospitals and has fire protection and emergency rescue by volunteer organizations. Police protection is by the Middlesex County Sheriff's Department and Virginia State Police. There are many public beaches and boat launching ramps located throughout the county and small public parks are located in the Town of Urbanna and the Village of Deltaville. Many convenient shopping areas are located within these areas.
Typical to newly developing areas, many secondary residential streets are privately maintained. All major roadways are maintained by the Virginia Department of Transportation. A public airstrip with a runway of 2,524 feet is located mid-county at Topping, VA.
Selling your home shouldn't be a stressful ordeal. Making the smart move of choosing a REALTOR® is your first step to ensuring that your investment in your home pays off. Our services and experience allow you to focus on your move while We manage your home sale from our initial consultation to the closing deal, and beyond. We pride ourselves on repeat business and hope you'll come to understand why.
- Complete a comparative market analysis that will compare your home's value to that of your neighbors.
- Compile a comprehensive plan detailing all the efforts we will employ to sell your home, including Internet and local media.
- Present your home to as many qualified buyers as possible getting your home maximum exposure.
- Help you stage your home and generate curb appeal to ensure you get the highest price.
- Assist with obtaining offers and help you in negotiating the best deal as smoothly as possible.
- Help you find your next home and answer all of your questions about the local market area, including schools, neighborhoods, the local economy, and more.
What are homes selling for on your street? Feel free to contact us to find out what neighborhood homes are selling for, free of charge, or to receive a more detailed analysis of the value of your home.
Curb appeal is key and could make a difference whether people stop and take a flyer, or drive right by. Here are a few tips to increase the curb appeal of your home. Staging your home is important. Many buyers will stay in your home longer if it's staged appropriately. We have compiled some ideas to present your home in the most effective manner.
- Title insurance fees depend on the sales price of the home.
- Broker's commission is a full-service fee and will cost anywhere between 5% to 7%.
- Local property transfer tax, county transfer tax, state transfer tax, and state capital gains tax are the charges that you'll pay for the privilege of selling your home. Credit to the buyer of unpaid real estate taxes for the prior or current year are variable and depend on when you close and when your taxes are due.
- FHA fees and costs are all fees are now negotiable between an FHA buyer and seller.
- Home inspections fees are in some circumstances paid for by the seller and include pest, radon and other inspections.
- Miscellaneous fees can accrue from correcting problems noticed during the home inspection.